Continuity of care
Restructure a child care center into a center that practices continuity of care. With continuity of care, children have the same teacher for at least three years before getting a new teacher. Here are the steps for assignment #2.
1. Draw a map of your center.
Include these elements:
· How many classrooms are in the center?
· How many teachers are in each classroom? Provide job titles for each (example, lead teacher, assistant teacher, co-teacher)
· How many children are in each classroom? Provide age ranges of children.
· Show how children remain with the same teacher or teachers for at least three years before moving to a classroom with a new teacher or teachers.
· What other spaces are available? – for example, director’s office, kitchen, break room, supply closets, entry way space, outdoor learning environments, and other spaces.
2. Provide a written narrative to explain your map.